Welcome to the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Major Website
This interdisciplinary major, jointly offered by the Departments of Biology and Chemistry, provides a strong foundation in biological chemistry and molecular biology, and related topics at the interface of these two disciplines. The major is designed to build conceptual understanding and practical and critical thinking skills to address current biological, biochemical, and biomedical challenges. A required research experience, culminating in a senior project, will give students strong experimental skills and provide insight into the experimental approaches and results that demonstrate the function of biological molecules.
“Multiple courses in this major taught me how to think critically about my own and others research. I learned how to dissect research papers and make critical judgements about the quality of my work and others.”Callie Ollish
- Science to the rescueChemistry professor teaches students to fact-check claims in their news feeds By Alicia RobertsMay 26, 2022 Since a steady stream of social media claims can convince an unwary audience that just about anything is true, Wake Forest chemistry professor Patricia Dos Santos has a new goal […]
- BMB 2020 Senior CelebrationThe Wake Forest University Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Program held its 2020 Senior Celebration online with lots of great presentations from our graduating senior class. See the summary PDF Document below: Senior Research Day BMB 2020 Senior Research Day 2020
- Congratulations BMB Class of 2019A hearty congratulations to all the 2019 graduates of the Biochemistry and Molecular Biology program. The Faculty are proud of your accolades and accomplishments! pictured: (front-row) Conner Song, Keyang Yu, Carrie (Chennan) Zhang, Sherry (Shiyu) Wang. (second-row) Anuj Jailwala, Alex (Alexandra) Monetti, […]
- Wake DowntownIf you crave a complete change of scenery from the Quad’s Georgian architecture, grab your scientific calculator and safety goggles and hop on a shuttle bound for Wake Downtown — an extension of our campus in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter. Innovation on Tradition– […]
- Congratulations Graduates 2018!A big congratulations to our inaugural class of Biochemistry and Molecular Biology Majors. We wish you the greatest success! Go Deacs! Pictured: (back row left to right) Jack Evans, Elizabeth Sarkel, Jorge Dabdoub, Brett DerGarabedian, James Falese, Davis Brock (front row) Ike Osuorah, Will Moore